membership in FRUA -- offering you hope, help and community!
You know what membership in FRUA means. It's help for your challenges, hope for your future and most of all.... it's community with families like your own, completed through adoption in Eastern European and central Asian countries and republics.
Don't wait! Renew now so you don't miss a single benefit, including receiving your issue of The Family Focus. You can renew right on line by clicking on the links to FRUA membeship renewal forms to the left.
New FRUA Members...
Not sure how to deal with your adopted teen's moods, your precious toddler's attachment issues, your elementary child's educational challenges? Join FRUA now and gain community with families who know where you're been and who are traveling the adoptive parent journey with you.
We'vemade joining FRUA easy -- just go to the membeship page in this website tab section and make your payment online
Don't wait! Go now to your FRUA online application and fill it outnow!
As a FRUA member you'll access the hope, help, and community you need, while helping us help other children. Please consider joining us! As a member you will be able to access a world of information and the support from other adoptive families.
FRUA Membership Levels
- General Membership...our FRUA family membership. JYou can select affiliation with one of our dozens of regional chapters or become an affiliate member if you don't live near a chapter. Of course – you can always help start one in your area!
General Membership form
- Professional/educator Membership...our FRUA business membership for those professionals in the medical, education, counseling or theraputic fields who work with our children.
Professional Membership form
- Angel Membership...a special membership for those that generously help fund our work; supporting families completed through adoption by directly contributing to funding for family education projects, or toward our orphanage work. Angel Membership form - COMING SOON.
Click the links to download the membership forms, complete and send your membership form, with your check for annual dues to:
P.O. BOX 2944
Merrifield, VA 22116
Note: FRUA does NOT sell or share its membership list with outside organizations. Members should expect that their privacy would be respected.
The Real Benefits of FRUA membership:
- Access to a network of parents as our children develop into young adults and beyond – FRUA is there for all stages of our families – pre-adoption and post adoption.
- Discounts on FRUA events and conferences.
- Discounts on books, merchandise, and magazine publications such as Adoptive Families and Russian Life.
- Invitations to local Parent Networking Meetings that help our families navigate the challenges of raising children today, with our own twist of having internationally born, adopted children.
- Access to local and regional FRUA cultural events to help you support your child's need for a sense of heritage and identity.
- Together, as waiting families, give and receive support, set realistic expectations and assist with the transition to home through education, publications and networking.
- Access to the latest research and insight from FRUA's network of professionals and Advisory Board members.
- Access to past FRUA National Educational Conference materials
- Access to past The Family Focus© articles
- The knowledge that you are supporting families and children here and in Eastern Europe- your membership dues allows FRUA to keep the popular chat room and website materials available to all families all the time, which is critical to our mission.
- Instill the heart of service, in your child and family, by participating in our many orphanage support projects, from orphanage playground development fund raising to our popular with FRUA Coffee & Tea for Orphanage Support program.
- Opportunities to share resources and helpful hints to help other families.
- Find your mentor role...you can help waiting families set realistic expectations and assist with the transition to home through education, publications and networking – together, we give and receive support.
- Kids for your kids...Opportunities for them to know other kids “like me.. adopted!”
- Receive our quarterly newsletter, The Family Focus©, that includes profiles of geographic regions, medical and developmental information from professional sources, parenting news, book and movie reviews, news of FRUA’s orphanage support activities, cultural connections: food, holidays, traditions, regional chapter news, and other resources.
- FRUA regional newsletters or e-newsletters, that can notify you of local activities.
- Inclusion in all mailings, notices, including national and regional activities.