FRUA INC Partners With Supportive Organizations to offer
hope, help and community
to Children and frua
FRUA could not accomplish what it does without the enthusiastic support of many people and organizations. We gratefully acknowledge the following for their support of our efforts to improve the lives of children and to support families completed through adoption in Eastern European and Central Asian countries.
ADOPTIVE FAMILIES MAGAZINE -- Adoptive Families, the award-winning national adoption magazine, is the leading adoption information source for families before, during, and after adoption -- www.adoptivefamilies.com
- RUSSIAN LIFE MAGAZINE –- The world’s biggest country, in a magazine. Since 1956. Russian Life is your bimonthly trip to the heart of Russia. -- www.russianlife.com
- INTERCOUNTRY ADOPTION, OFFICE OC CHILDREN’S ISSUES, US DEPT OF STATE –- Under U.S. law, there are two distinct intercountry adoption processes: the Hague Convention process and the non-Hague Convention process. Which process you will follow will depend on whether or not the other country involved is also a party to the Hague Convention. In this website, we will guide you through and answer your questions about these processes. -- www.adoption.state.gov
- JOINT COUNCIL ON INTERNATIONAL CHILDREN”S SERVICES –- The Joint Council's mission is: Advance the overall well-being of vulnerable children and their right to live in permanent family care.-- www.jointcouncil.org/
- NORTH AMERICAN COUNCIL ON ADOPTABLE CHILDREN –- Founded in 1974 by adoptive parents, the North American Council on Adoptable Children is committed to meeting the needs of waiting children and the families who adopt them. -- www.nacac.org
- ASSOCIATION FOR TREATMENT AND TRAINING IN THE ATTACHMENT OF CHILDREN (ATTACh) –- ATTACh is an international coalition of professionals and families dedicated to helping those with attachment difficulties by sharing our knowledge, talents and resources. -- www.attach.org
- CENTER FOR COGNITIVE AND DEVELOPMENTAL ASSESSMENT AND REMEDIATION – Dr. BORIS GINDIS –- The Center for Cognitive-Developmental Assessment and Remediation (BGCenter) is composed of independent professionals, specializing with services to internationally adopted children -- www.bgcenter.com
- BEYOND CONSEQUENCES INSTITUTE, HEATHER T. FORBES –- Mission Statement of BCI: To provide every child the opportunity to be parented out of love, ending the myth that a child can only respond and bond to a parent through fear-based parenting. -- www.beyondconsequences.com
- NEUROPSYCHOLOGICAL AND FAMILY THERAPY ASSOCIATES - DR. RONALD S. FEDERICI –- Neuropsychological and Family Therapy Associatesand Care for Children International, under the Directorship of Board Certified Dr. Ronald Federici (father to seven internationally adopted children), maintains an international reputation in the assessment and treatment of the most complicated neuropsychological, developmental and brain traumatic disorders. -- www.drfederici.com
- C.A.S.E. – CENTER FOR ADOPTION SUPPORT AND EDUCATION –- The Center for Adoption Support and Education (C.A.S.E.) strengthens the well-being of foster and adoptive families, promotes adoption awareness, enhances adoption sensitivity, and develops the skills for professionals and families to empower children to thrive. -- www.adoptionsupport.org
- TAPESTRY BOOKS -- Tapestry specializes in adoption. We understand the adoption process and are knowledgeable about the literature, and we are committed to making it easier for families to find appropriate resources. Tapestry is about organizing information, making it more accessible, because we believe that informed choices lead to successful family outcomes. -- www.TapestryBooks.com
- TCU INSTITUTE FOR CHILD DEVELOPMENT - DR. KARYN PURVIS –- The TCU Institute of Child Development strives to help children suffering the effects of early trauma, abuse or neglect. We conduct research to deepen understanding about the complex needs of these children and how and why these harmful experiences can impair development and lead to social, behavioral and emotional problems. We design and promote research-based models for practical interventions that anyone can use to help children heal and reach their highest potential. --www.theconnectedchild.com
- NUTURING ATTACHMENTS - DEBORAH D. GRAY –- Deborah Gray, is the founder of Nurturing Attachments. She is a clinical social worker specializing in the areas of attachment, grief, and trauma. She has spent 20 years counseling children and families, specializing in children who were adopted. Her private practice philosophy is one of empowering parents with information and techniques so that their skills and styles are used in meeting the needs of their children. Her passion is to help children and their families to develop close, satisfying relationships. -- www.deborahdgray.com
- THE TIES PROGRAM -- Adoptive Family Homeland Journeys and World Ties -- Providing Global Humanitarian Aid. For more than 17 years in twelve countries, the Hallmark of The Ties Program: has been our ability to create an experience that allows you to travel with a community of adoptive families and trained professionals, and at the same time, have your individual family dreams and needs met. www.AdoptiveFamilyTravel.com.
- HILLWOOD FOUNDATION -- Marjorie Merriweather Post bought Hillwood in 1955 and soon decided her home would be a museum that would inspire and educate the public. Her northwest Washington, D.C. estate endowed the country with the most comprehensive collection of Russian imperial art outside of Russia -- www.hillwoodmuseum.org
- PHYISICIANS WITH HEART -- Physicians With Heart originally began as a part of Heart to Heart International. The concept for Heart to Heart originally began after discussions between Dr. Gary Morsch of Olathe, Kansas, and Dr. Dan Ostergaard of the AAFP, about the need to help the failing health care systems of the former Soviet republics following the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991. -- www.aafpfoundation.org/online/foundation/home/programs/center-history/exhibits/pwhexhibit.html
- AMAZON BOOKS -- At Amazon, if we do our job right, our greatest contribution to the good of society will come from our core business activities: lowering prices, expanding selection, driving convenience, driving frustration-free packaging, creating Kindle, innovating in web services, and other initiatives we'll work hard on in the future. We also contribute to the communities where our employees and customers live. -- www.amazon.com/
- UNITED STATES PEACE CORPS -- As the preeminent international service organization of the United States, the Peace Corps sends Americans abroad to tackle the most pressing needs of people around the world. Peace Corps Volunteers work at the grassroots level toward sustainable change that lives on long after their service—at the same time becoming global citizens and serving their country. When they return home, Volunteers bring their knowledge and experiences—and a global outlook—that enriches the lives of those around them. -- www.peacecorps.gov/
This is by all means not inclusive list and we have not intentionally excluded anyone. If you have helped FRUA and do not see your name or the name of your organization on this list, it is an oversight. Please contact us and we will do our best to include you among those to whom we owe a great deal for your generous support.
Note: The resources listed on this website are informative only and set forth here for the use of adoptive parents. Inclusion on FRUA resource lists does not constitute an endorsement by FRUA. What works for one family may not work for another. You, as the consumer, are responsibly for investigating these resources and assessing whether they might be of help to you.